Place Details

7th & 8th United Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

2916 W 30th St
Indianapolis,  IN 46222

Phone: (317) 924-4875

7th & 8th United Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

Church History:

Seventh Christian Church Merged with Eighth Christian church in 1974. We have five ministers who have served our Church: Two retired senior Ministers are Rev. John R. Canedy, Rev.John B. Hart, two interim ministers, Rev. Joe Wick and Rev. Paul Remick.

Current Senior Pastor: Rev. Jeffrey R. Castetter

Seventh Christian Church founded May, 1883 on the westside of Indpls at the corner of Rader and W. 30th, moved to the corner of Annette and Udell St. in 1998 and built a new sanctuary at that location.May 22,1950 began new construction at 2916 W. 30th St with the first service on April 29th 1951.They built an educational wing in 1960.

Eighth Christian Church was originally founded as Haughville Christian Church in 1888. It was located between King and Bellview Place on the westside of Indianapolis. It was renamed the Bismark Christian Church in 1889,however by 1915,during World War 1, Bismark became an unpopular name so the name was changed to Eighth Christian Church. In 1928 the Church moved to Bellview Place and 14th St. A new sanctuary was built in 1946. The church sold the old building to Samuel Missionary Baptist Church and merged with Seventh Christian Church in 1974


Protestant-Christian (Disciples of Christ)

Spreading the good news of the Gospel!

To view past sermons on line please go to Cary Kimbowa's channel on www.youtube.com

Show Map

Business Info


Founded: 1974

Categories: Christian Church, Community Organization, Religious Organization


Report a Problem
Tweets from Indianapolis
twitter